Nobody ever wants a flat tire, but they’re sometimes impossible to avoid. If you drive out of a parking lot and notice a flat tire on your 2019 Ford Ranger or 2019 Ford Fusion, you need to know how to change it out so that you can get back on the road. The team at Griffin Ford Fort Atkinson serving Janesville can get you a brand-new tire whenever you need it, but, in the meantime, we want to give you some helpful tips to keep in mind the next time you get a flat tire.
Changing A Tire
- Make sure that you are away from traffic in a safe area and that you have plenty of room to work on changing out the flat.
- Grab your jack, tire iron, and your spare tire from your Ford.
- Loosen each of the lug nuts on your flat tire prior to jacking up the car, but don’t remove them all the way.
- Jack up your vehicle and then take off the flat tire to replace it with the spare. Attach the lug nuts, but don’t tighten them all the way.
- Lower your vehicle back to the ground and then tighten all of the wheel lugs.
- Double check the tightness on the wheel lugs again before driving away.
Helpful Tip: You can consult your Ford owner’s manual if you have any questions in the field.
When you need a new tire mounted and balanced, you can set up a time to visit our Ford service center near Whitewater and we will happily take care of it for you. Call us today at (877) 860-8300 or stop by to talk with our service team in person at Griffin Ford Fort Atkinson located at 1642 Janesville Avenue in Fort Atkinson, WI.